Monday, December 21, 2009

Carpet as Canvas

One of the books I re-received as a holiday gift this year, Vogue Living - Houses, Gardens and People, is full of fascinating behind the scenes imagery of style-makers, their homes and how they live. Seeing it again reminded me how much I loved it the first time I received it! (My first copy went missing a year ago so I was thrilled to receive it again.)

I'm especially enamored with the unexpected paint splashed carpet in Aby Rosen's drawing room. The juxtaposition of classic architectural elements, modern furniture, extraordinary art and a hint of whimsy make this room one of my favorites.



Custom carpet by William T. Georgis. Sculpture by Jeff Koons.


A Basquiat painting on the opposite wall.

1 comment:

  1. Loved your profile over at "All the best" -
    Your work is wonderful.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year.
    pve

    ReplyDelete